The YMCA of Long Island is seeking Lifeguards who maintain safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
- Glen Cove – Must have current Nassau County Lifeguard Certificate
- Bay Shore
- East Hampton – Full-time positions available
- Maintains active surveillance of the pool
- Knows/reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies, and procedure Completes related reports as required.
- Maintains effective, positive relationships with the members, participants and other staff.
- Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state Health Department code.
- Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
- Checks the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving.
- Performs chemical testing when not guarding, as required, and takes appropriate action.
- Attends all staff meetings and in-service training.
- Ensure program, staff and patrons maintain hygiene habits/practices in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Minimum age of 16.
- Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid.
- Current Lifeguard certificate.
- Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness
- Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA stand
- Hear noises and distress signals in the aquatic environment, including in the water and anywhere around the zone of responsibility. Remain alert with no lapses of consciousness
- Meet strength and lifting requirement
- See and observe all sections of an assigned zone or area of responsibility.
HOW TO APPLY:
For immediate consideration, please email a resume and/or a cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications to the contact listed below at the desired location:
- Glen Cove – Peter Foster, Executive Director, Careers_GC@ymcali.org
- Huntington – Nicole Dinolfo, Director of Operations, at Nicole.Dinolfo@ymcali.org
- Bay Shore – Lisa McKeown, Aquatics Director, Lisa.McKeown@ymcali.org
- Patchogue – Christina Frank, Aquatics Director, Christina.Frank@ymcali.org
- East Hampton – Sondra Vecchio, Aquatics/Camp Director, Sondra.Vecchio@ymcali.org
- Address 121 Dosoris Lane, Glen Cove, NY 11542
- Salary Offer Starting at $14.00 per hour