GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Provide on-site, records retention support services for the United States Department of
Agriculture on Plum Island. Reporting to the Project Manager (PM), the Business Analyst (BA) is
responsible for the accuracy of scanned images through the proper assignment of document
types. The BA works with the PM and government resources to identify metadata to be
attached to records that have been digitized. Provides consistent training/education to support
standardization of documentation preparation and scanning.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitors document corrections queues
• Validates the reported document imaging errors, corrects errors as needed, and report errors
per policy and established quality goals.
• Review and commit document image to correct tagging and document type.
• Monitor, review and collaborate with Records Analysts (RA) on work queues.
• Prepares report of audit results and trend errors related to document preparation, scanning,
• Troubleshoot technical issues related to scanning systems and escalate to the PM or
Information Technology (IT) Services, as appropriate.
• Partner with stakeholders and IT Services to identify trends and opportunities to leverage
technology to enhance workflow and improving quality outcomes.
• Input metadata into the PSIcapture software platform once documents have been ingested.
• Provide Quality Assurance (QA) on all documents ingested to ensure quality and readability.
Works to resolve QA issues.
• Prepare documents for destruction through post QA review in accordance with policies.
• Maintains the inventory of all artifacts received.
• Must be able to work within containment laboratory requiring decontamination showers.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
• Associate degree in Information Management or technology related field preferred.
• Strong knowledge of electronic workflows in an electronical record field (medical, Legal, etc.).
• Knowledge of document management system and scanner functionality.
• Skillfully applies and analyzes information reflected on documents to determine storage
location and apply metadata.
• Advance skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel with the ability to create, edit,
format and perform basic formula functions.
• Organizational, problem-solving and attention to detail skills required.
• Ability to consistently perform repetitive tasks with high accuracy rate.
• Ability to apply, review and educate on document preparation and scanning processes.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills required.
• Possess or obtain a Department of Homeland Security suitability clearance.
• This position will not require out of town travel.
• Must use marine transportation furnished by Government provided ferry
To apply, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address 40550 New York 25, Orient, NY 11957
- Salary Offer $75-$85,000K