The Patchogue facility is currently seeking a Rewind Operator for the 1st shift (Monday-Friday, 7:00am-3:30pm) or 2nd shift (Monday-Thursday, 4:00pm – 2:30am) who will inspect and rewind each job for quality and compliance to customer specifications.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Calibrate table top counters.
- Visually inspect labels for defects.
- Splice rolls together using scissors and tape.
- Pack each job as completed.
- Make core/shipper labels, Certificate of Compliance, and packing list.
- Set up the 100% Visual inspection Unit as required.
- Splice rolls together using Splicing table, following customer splicing specifications.
- Maintain the Rewinder using the PM schedules.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (paperwork).
- Perform other job duties as required.
What you need to succeed:
- Must have high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must have minimum two months’ related experience and/or training.
- Must have the ability to read and write simple instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must have the ability to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must have basic mathematical skills.
- Must have good color perception and ability to pay high attention to detail.
- Must be able to work well with others.
- Must have good problem solving ability.
- Must be able to work well in a high pressure environment.
- Must have basic knowledge of personal computers.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to flex schedule to meet the needs of production, including working a different shift if needed.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in English.
- Must have mechanical knowledge of gears and printing process
- Must have problem solving skills–both Mechanical and Computer.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
How to Apply!
- Address 217 River Ave. Patchogue, NY 11772
Email Me Jobs Like These
Showing 1–0 of 0 jobs