About Our Program
The Mental Health program consists of 16 residential group homes where participants are independent in many areas of daily living but require support and supervision. They complete weekly training, schooling, treatment or employment. Our team aid in activities such as shopping, cooking, money management, medication management and use of community services. Our goal is to have the participants move toward more independent living.
Benefits Package May Include
- $1500 Sign-On Bonus (payable after a 90-day satisfactory review)
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Vacation/Personal/Sick Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Education Assistance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Referral Bonus
- Professional Development & Training opportunities
- Salary $14.66/hr weekdays & $15.66/hr weekends
- Salary for Wainscott Only – $17.42/hr weekdays & $18.69/hr weekends
- Locations: Hampton Bays, Riverhead, Aquebogue and Wainscott
Position Summary & Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Residential Manager, the Residential Counselor must ensure the safety and well-being of the Individuals served within our 24-hour operated Mental Health residential program. Residential Counselors are to act as teachers and role-models while providing counseling services with attentiveness to their dignities, respect, and Individualities. Residential Counselors will remain professional and communicate successfully with Individuals’ and their families/supports, staff, Management and Administration. Moreover, foster a safe, home like environment that is caring, empowering and supportive to help them progress to their desired permanent residential setting- ideally within two years.
- Follow ALL posted and disseminated COVID-19– related safety protocols for handwashing, visitation and community-based related guidance.
- Maintain professional boundaries while working with the 9 to 10 Individuals’ diagnosed with severe mental illness.
- Empower, Motivate, support, and Counsel Individuals in every aspect of daily living skills while promoting independence.
- Encourage Individuals to be viable, integrated, and productive individuals of their community.
- Built rapport with Individuals combined with demonstration of knowledge and understanding of psycho-social, psychiatric and medical assessments to better support Individuals in their recovery
- Provide mental health services as outline in OMH Part 593.4 Definitions.
- Assertiveness/Self Advocacy training
- Community Integration Services/resource
- Daily Living Skills training
- Health Services
- Medication Management and Training
- Parenting Training
- Rehabilitation Counseling
- Skill Development
- Substance abuse services
- Symptom management
- Observe, monitor and document progress or lack thereof on person-centered service plans- to be reviewed every 90 days via team meetings- via PRECISION CARE; It is expected that the Residential Counselor complete the Individual Service Plan Review (ISPR) every 90 days via electronic database.
- Execute good judgement when responding to site challenges and/or crisis that may arise. Be able to stay calm and professional in a demanding, fast-paced, needs-driven environment disbursing attention between daily tasks, conversation/counseling, supervision, documentation, communication, appointments and recreation.
- Document all data on the appropriate forms, validating attachments and communication protocols being met. All extensions to deadlines must be requested at least 24 hours in advance to your direct supervisor.
- Interpret and execute Behavior Support Plans, as applicable
- Safely operate a 13-passenger vehicle to provide transportation to Individuals needing to integrate the community for doctor’s appointments, recreation, grocery shopping and/or emergent needs. It is expected that Residential Counselors transport Individuals’ who are in psychiatric/medical crisis to supportive facilities such as DASH, CPEP, ELIH, Southampton Hospital and PBMC to name a few.
- Adhere to van safety protocols including but not limited to regular gas refills (should always remain above half tank), maintenance/servicing and regular car washes. All concerns must be immediately reported to Residential Manager or Program Coordinator/Operations Director.
- Work well as a team member with supervisors, co-workers and other facets of Management. Follow supervisor’s instructions, leadership and guidance to support your professional development. Initiate and precisely complete duties in a timely manner being open to positive or constructive feedback.
- Maintain the residence in a safe, clean, and stress-free manner. COVID- related orders as outlined by the Executive Order, CDC, DOH, and OMH MUST be followed. Sanitizing/Sterilizing supplies must be used frequently throughout the day especially in high-traffic areas. While the primary function of the overnight staff is to DEEP CLEAN the residence (washing walls/baseboards/organizing pantries/inventorying supplies/washing curtains/scrubbing all common areas/wiping down furniture), it is expected that all team members maintain a clean home.
- Maintain compliance with all trainings and certifications throughout employment; Comply with additional trainings as assigned.
- Document monthly collateral contacts with service providers included, but not limited to physicians, therapists, ACT team members, etc.
- Follow/Document OMH fire safety regulations that include, but are not limited to routine fire drills, weekly checks of smoke/carbon monoxide detectors, regular checks of dryer lint compartments, etc.
- Assist Individuals in facilitating weekly community meetings, developing ideas for meal prep, recreational outings, and discussion of weekly Accomplishments.
- Built rapport with residents and demonstrate knowledge and understanding of psycho-social, psychiatric and medical assessments to better support individuals in their recovery
- Maintain consistent and prompt communication with staff, support departments and Supervisors by way of telephone calls, text, Microsoft Outlook emails, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom.
There are Full Time and Part Time positions available, variety of shifts open (must work weekends).
Servicing the Eastern Long Island area, we have sites in the following locations:
- Hampton Bays
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid NYS Driver’s License
- 1 year of experience working within mental health / psychology / life coaching
- Excellent Communication and Computer Skills
Rise Life Services is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
- Address 901 East Main Street, Riverhead, NY, USA