SUMMARY: Provides optimal customer service through accurate and efficient transactions and through long term rapport-building with customers. Also extends professional and efficient service while incorporating tested sales strategies including crossing-selling and up-selling.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict any additional tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Effectively identifies and responds to customers’ needs.
• Processes customer transactions including but not limited to cashing checks, money transfers, bill payment and selling a wide range of pre-paid products; ensures all necessary information is in place prior to completing transactions.
• Opens new preferred customer accounts and issues preferred customer cards like the inPower debit card.
• Ensures completion of customer transactions in a timely and courteous manner.
• Establishes and maintains customer accounts by updating photos, addresses, phone numbers, etc.
• Maintains working knowledge of all Payomatic’s products and services.
• Responds to customers’ inquiries regarding their accounts or Payomatic’s products and services in a professional and courteous manner.
• Promotes Payomatic’s services by offering customers information on valuable services.
• Performs check verification using the Loss Prevention Department as a tool.
• Sells money orders, postage stamps, Metro cards etc..
• Maintains a safe and secure work environment by following Payomatic’s safety/security policies and procedures.
• Follows all Company’s cash handling procedures.
• Keeps the Secure (teller) Area clean and tidy.
• Performs light cleaning such as sweeping/mopping the store lobby and the Secure Area as needed. All employees are also required to clean up after themselves including but not limited to the restroom, empting trash bins and taking out garbage.
• Performs cash drawer opening and closing procedures at the beginning and the end of the shift; reconciles checks cashed, payments made and other transactions performed during his/her shift.
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• One to two years related experience or equivalent.
• Superb customer service skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Proficient computer operator.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Strong multi-tasking skills.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
• Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
• Acute attention to detail.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Bilingual language skills are a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
• Stand for long periods of time.
• Calculate figures and amounts.
• Work at different stores as the need arises (floating)
• Work at least 8 hours in confined areas without leaving the store (including lunch and other breaks).
• Work alone throughout the shift.
• Open and close the store when required.
• Adapt well in the face of workplace stressors such as heavy verbal demands of customer service, maintaining the security of people (customers and colleagues) and property by adhering to the Company’s security/safety policies and procedures.
• Must be able to understand directions and adhere to established policies and procedures for successfully performing transactions while upholding Banking-related Compliance rules and regulations.
• Maintaining a harmonious work environment with colleagues through practice of mutual respect and by rejecting elements of a hostile work environment.
• Most stores are very small with enough room to perform transactions for customers.
• Floating (working at different stores) within the borough or district is required.
• Employee should be able to work between the stated working hours for six to eight-hour shifts and work overtime when occasionally required.
• Employees should be able to work weekends and holidays.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Applicant, please note that most shifts are between 6 and 8 hours long; however, there may be instances where you may be needed for overtime. This position would require someone that has a flexible schedule. If you do not have a flexible schedule, then please do not apply for this position. The shift is not negotiable. In addition, you must be available to work on weekends and holidays.
Again, you must be available to:
• work between the hours of 2:00 p.m. and 12:00 a.m.
• work weekends and holidays
• work any of the seven days out of the week
• float to different locations within the Long Island area as needed.
How To Apply:
Applicants who are interested can apply online on our career center at www.payomatic.com/careers-at-payomatic/ or contact Amanda Ramdass at email@example.com or 347-296-4890 ext:1456
- Address 2690 Route 112 Medford ,NY 11763
- Salary Offer $15.00/HR