$30,000 – $50,000 a year
Full Job Description
For more than 85 years, Terminix has built a reputation as one of the nation’s leading providers of termite and pest control services, safeguarding over 3 million homes and businesses against all types of pests in 47 states and 14 countries.
What is this role about?
Our Innovation Technicians serve in a key front-line role and are the very heart of what we do. It’s all about providing outstanding service delivery of Terminix products to valued customers.
What does a “Day-in-the-Life” look like?
Equipped with a company vehicle and excellent industry training, our Innovation Techs are out in the neighborhoods Terminix serves visiting residential customers and performing requested exclusion services.
Here are a few specifics of what you would be doing each day:
- Setting up and building exclusion traps, cuts flashing and forms hardware cloth to specifications
- Removing animals trapped in exclusion devices
- Working in a safety harness from roof tops as needed in the performance of exclusion services and wildlife removal
- Interacting with customers and explaining services provided
- Completing production forms documenting services provided
What do I need to be successful?
- Being a high school graduate/having a GED and a valid driver’s license are both requirements
- Three to six months of related exclusion experience and/or training and six months of experience using hand tools and related equipment. The following are much more important…
- You are personable and enjoy interacting with customers
- You are self-motivated and have a strong work ethic
- You can effectively present information to customers one-on-one and in small groups
- You are detailed oriented and understand the importance of safety
- You have a good aptitude for basic math- necessary for doing calculations related to service
- Of course, given our business, you should be comfortable working outside and in confined spaces like crawl spaces and attics
- For safety reasons (rebreathers have be able to seal to your face) our Innovation Techs aren’t able to have facial hair
Why should I choose Terminix?
In addition to being part of an iconic brand with a rich 85 year history, here are some other highlights of what we offer members of the Terminix Team.
- Comprehensive training and licensure, all paid by the company
- Highly competitive compensation – earning potential of $30,000-50,000 in first year.
- Company provided vehicle (that you can take home with you at night) and gas card
- Opportunities for advancement and career growth – including paths into management level roles
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Short/long-term Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid time off
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed by employees assigned to this classification; they are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
- Address 45 South Service Road, Plainview, NY, USA
- Salary Offer $30,00 - $50,000