The Food Production Assistant is a motivated individual who helps fulfill our nonprofit mission to support, promote, and advocate for the farmers, vintners, fishermen, and other food producers and providers on the East End of Long Island. The Food Production Assistant is a part-time position reporting to the Associate Director and their primary responsibility is to assist in the processing and preserving of produce for the Farm to Community program.
Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Wash, cut, and package produce for Farm to Community and other programs.
- Assist the Chef-in-Residence and Food Production Associate in preparing cafe menu items.
- Assist the Chef-in-Residence and Food Production Associate in producing value-added food products for local wholesale clients.
- Maintain a sanitary environment in the kitchen and dish-room by cleaning dishes and putting clean items away throughout each day.
- Complete other daily, weekly, and periodic cleaning projects as needed.
- Assist with receipt, unpacking, and labeling of food deliveries.
- Other tasks associated with the smooth daily operations of the kitchen and related organizational activities as assigned.
- Be alert to food safety issues and commit to reporting and addressing issues as needed.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in food preparation in a restaurant or other food production facility. Candidates must be able to understand, speak, and follow recipes in English and/or Spanish and be able to lift packages up to 30 lbs.
Shifts will be assigned in advance by the Associate Director, with additional hours to be assigned as needed. Additional optional shifts may be offered based on scheduled activities during evenings and weekends.
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Address 39 Tuckahoe Road
- Salary Offer $15-17/hour