- From $15.00 per hour
- Training provided
- Room for growth within the company
- Benefits: Paid time off, Professional development assistance
- Supplemental Pay: Bonus pay
Serves as the support team member interacting directly with the children and lead instructors. Assists with lessons that address the needs of the children in each class. The successful candidate will be able to build strong relationships while maintaining a safe environment and the highest levels of customer service.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Work in conjunction with the team to:
- Teach age-specific childhood development classes using martial-arts-themed movement and play-based modalities to kids from 18 months to teens. (Previous martial arts experience not required.)
- Be prepared to present lesson plans using the SKILLZ curriculum which are prepared by lead instructors.
- Test and assess the progress of students based on stages of development
- Maintain open lines of communication with parents and other team members
- Helps maintain a clean and sanitary learning environment
- Maintain all required certifications and participate in continuing education.
- Background in dance gymnastics, martial art, or similar, or experience in a culture-based customer service environment.
- Public speaking ability, comfortable on social media, good phone etiquette, and email correspondence. Must be comfortable on camera.
- Positive mindset a must, with a strong desire for self-improvement, the ability to work with a team, and a dynamic and charismatic personality.
- Ability to interact with children constructively at their level.
- Must be CPR certified, background check required
- Must have a drivers license or reliable transportation
- Must obtain SKILLZ basic instructor certification within 3 months (training provided)
- Must be able to perform basic athletic skills, must be able to lift 50 lb
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
All team members, students, and visitors are required to be masked at all times and must follow all state, local, and corporate guidelines regarding business operations during the Covid19 pandemic.
- Address 380 East Main Street, East Patchogue, NY, USA
- Salary Offer Starts at $15/hr